[Spacewalk-list] FW: RHN Entitlement Certificate failed to validate

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Feb 5 17:03:17 UTC 2010

Fowler, Adam L wrote:
% I'm having problems running spacewalk-setup -disconnected. It creates all the tables in the database and moves on to Certificate validation and fails there. Can I skip this and just not use a cert? Or how do I fix my certificate to work?
%
% Command: /usr/bin/spacewalk-setup
% Unsubstituted Tags:
% WARNING: UNKNOWN DATATYPE 1184 processed as string. Check pg_type.h to decode this OID
% WARNING: UNKNOWN DATATYPE 1184 processed as string. Check pg_type.h to decode this OID
%
% ERROR: RHN Entitlement Certificate failed to validate:
% Exception reported from SW_Server
% Time: Fri Feb  5 07:46:56 2010
% Exception type pgsql.ProgrammingError
% Exception Handler Information
%
% Traceback (most recent call last):
%   File "/usr/share/rhn/server/rhnSQL/driver_postgresql.py", line 137, in __call__
%     results = self.cursor.execute(query, *new_args)
%   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/pgsql.py", line 119, in execute
%     ret = self._source.execute(operation, params)
%
% ProgrammingError: ERROR:  operator is not unique: character varying[] || unknown at character 14
%
% HINT:  Could not choose a best candidate operator. You might need to add explicit type casts.
%
% QUERY:  SELECT   $1  || 'rhn_virtualization_platform'
%
% CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "modify_org_service" line 65 at assignment
% Thank You,

Hi Adam,

you are installing spacewalk with postgresql backend which is in a very
early development stage and is not considered functional.

If you are not interested in hacking postgresql backend please install
spacewalk + oracle backend.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat