[Spacewalk-list] osa-dispatcher problems. no system ever reports

Joshua Roys joshua.roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 8 20:39:41 UTC 2010

On 02/08/2010 10:59 AM, Stefan Bluhm wrote:
> xmllint gave no output
>
> netstat -ptnl returns NO open port 5222. Telnetting to it also refuses a
> connection
>
> These are the open ports/apps
>
> PID/Program name
> 14607/python:25151
> 14565/java
> 14690/java
> 14107/router:5347
> 14176/s2s:5347
> 888/sshd
> 740/cupsd
> 911/sendmail: accep
> 14258/java
> 14258/java
> 14565/java
> 14258/java
> 14281/httpd
> 888/sshd
> 740/cupsd
> 14281/httpd
>
> db_verify authreg.db sm.db ; echo $?
> this seems to hang and not do anything. I cannot even ctrl+c it.

It looks like your .db files are corrupt, then... I recommend a:
(back it up first, if you want)
# rm -rf /var/lib/jabberd/db/

This seems to happen to a lot of people... look through the list archives:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2009-December/msg00147.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2010-January/msg00162.html

and then try to start jabberd again, via rhn-satellite or service.

Hope to help,

Josh