[Spacewalk-list] osa-dispatcher problems. no system ever reports

Stefan Bluhm stefanbluhm2 at alice-dsl.net
Mon Feb 8 21:31:21 UTC 2010

Hi Joshua,

thanks for this. Unfortunately, this didn't quite help.

I restarted a couple of times and now I get two new error messages on stop:
Stopping sm:                                               [FAILED]
Stopping c2s:                                              [FAILED]

and still the same error on starting. Also the new DB is not recreated.

So i recreated the db folder (mkdir /var/lib/jabberd/db; chmod
jabberd:jabberd /var/lib/jabberd/db) and restarted. Now the DB files are
also recreated.
Another restart and now I keep getting:
Stopping c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Stopping s2s:                                              [  OK  ]

Yay, one problem fixed. But still, I get the same error on starting:
Starting osa-dispatcher:
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jabber/jabber.py:68:
DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module
instead
   import sha, time
RHN 27988 2010/02/08 21:35:11 +02:00: ('Traceback (most recent call
last):\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 254, in
setup_connection\n    c = self._get_jabber_client(js)\n  File
"/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 311, in
_get_jabber_client\n    c.connect()\n  File
"/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 577, in connect\n
jabber.Client.connect(self)\n  File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jabber/xmlstream.py", line 464, in
connect\n    else: self._sock.connect((self._hostIP, self._port))\n
File "<string>", line 1, in connect\nerror: [Errno 111] Connection
refused\n',)

I remember at some point, there was a patch inserted in the previous
digests but I think this patch is already part of the nightly build.

Any other ideas how i could find the problem?

Thanks for your commitment,

Stefan