[Spacewalk-list] Error during schema upgrade

Milan Zazrivec mzazrivec at redhat.com
Tue Feb 16 15:22:52 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 16 February 2010 15:34:51 Alexandros Soumplis wrote:
> I had manually executed all sql scripts and manually updated the spacewalk
>  version in the appropriate spacewalk table. After that, for subsequent
>  versions I was able to execute the spacewalk-schema-upgrade script (today
>  I upgrade from spacewalk-schema 0.8.9 to 0.8.12 with the
>  spacewalk-schema-upgrade script).
>
>  I hope I have not missed something, maybe a spacewalk expert could verify
>  this..

While this may work for you, this approach is not recommended for production
use, as we're only able to support schema upgrades between major Spacewalk
releases.

Before every major Spacewalk release, we do schema upgrade tests, during which
we may modify scripts which (in the method you described) you've already
applied.

-MZ