[Spacewalk-list] Error during schema upgrade

Alexandros Soumplis soumplis at ekt.gr
Wed Feb 17 06:53:58 UTC 2010

Sure, I do not claim in any case that this is a recommended procedure or
anything like that :-)
However the schema upgrade script does not provide any method to revert
back, or start over,
or continue from where the script failed due to cases like this one
(which IMO a non-DBA may easily face).

On 16/2/2010 5:22 μμ, Milan Zazrivec wrote:

> While this may work for you, this approach is not recommended for production
> use, as we're only able to support schema upgrades between major Spacewalk
> releases.
>
> Before every major Spacewalk release, we do schema upgrade tests, during which
> we may modify scripts which (in the method you described) you've already
> applied.
>
> -MZ

Soumplis Alexandros
Systems Engineer
National Documentation Center /N.H.R.F.
Information Systems Department
48, Vas. Constantinou Av.
116 35 Athens, Greece
phone: +30 210 7273984  fax: +30 210 7252223
email: soumplis at ekt.gr
http://www.ekt.gr

This email is digitally signed by EKT in order to ensure its
integrity and authenticity. EKT participates in the HARICA Public
Key Infrastructure, the Certification Authority of GRNET. You can
install the HARICA root certificate at http://www.harica.gr/trust.php