[Spacewalk-list] Something odd in reposync....

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 09:38:48 UTC 2010

James Hogarth wrote:
% Scratch that - looks like it could be some kind of caching issue but I have
% no idea where....
%
% wget shows the correct timestamps and content from the box and yet the
% updates released last night for centos appear in wget but repo sync does not
% see them
%
% does reposync use any client caching itself of any kind?

Reposync utilizes yum libraries, so yes it does caching.
Try rm -rf /var/cache/rhn/reposync/* .

% > /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel
% > rhel5_x86_64_spacewalk_client                              --url
% > http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.7-client/RHEL/5/x86_64/
% > --type yum --label rhel5_x86_64_spacewalk_client
% > Repo http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.7-client/RHEL/5/x86_64/ has 22
% > packages.
% > No new packages to download.
% > Sync complete
% >
% > Checking the page manually I count 23.....
% >
% > Initially I thought it an http cache issue but wget shows the correct
% > content on that box - and other reposync's (epel and centos updates for
% > instance) are syncing correctly according to the logs.
% >
% > Thoughts?

Regards,
Michael