[Spacewalk-list] strange thing with a clean spacewalk install

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Wed Jan 13 14:38:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have some strange behaviour with Spacewalk 0.7 on CentOS 5 (i386) and
CentOS 5 clients (i386 and x86_64).

For example: I see there is a new kernel downloaded and available in
spacewalk: 2.6.18-164.10.1.el5

But it is not provided as upgrade to the new systems, an older version
is provided:2.6.18-164.10.1.el5

Why is spacewalk installing the old version first and not directly the
newer version? And why doesn't the new kernel version pop up as upgrade
at the clients upgrades packages?

Other thing I've got, while :

1-25 of 31 (48 selected)

I don't get the numbers spacewalk gave me, why is it saying I have 1-25
of 31 machines to select (and it says 48 selected) ??

--

Kind regards,

Michiel van Es