[Spacewalk-list] strange thing with a clean spacewalk install

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 18:46:23 UTC 2010

On 1/13/10 9:38 AM, Michiel van Es wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some strange behaviour with Spacewalk 0.7 on CentOS 5 (i386) and
> CentOS 5 clients (i386 and x86_64).
>
> For example: I see there is a new kernel downloaded and available in
> spacewalk: 2.6.18-164.10.1.el5
>
> But it is not provided as upgrade to the new systems, an older version
> is provided:2.6.18-164.10.1.el5
>
> Why is spacewalk installing the old version first and not directly the
> newer version? And why doesn't the new kernel version pop up as upgrade
> at the clients upgrades packages?

Sounds like your yum cache is out of date.  Is taskomatic running?
(service taskomatic status).

Try deleting /var/cache/rhn/repodata/CHANNEL_LABEL  and then try running
'yum update'.  It'll get an error (404) but that should initiate a
rebuild of your yum repodata.  You can monitor that directory to see it
complete. (May take up to an hour).

> Other thing I've got, while :
>
> 1-25 of 31 (48 selected)
>
> I don't get the numbers spacewalk gave me, why is it saying I have 1-25
> of 31 machines to select (and it says 48 selected) ??

This is odd.  Try clicking 'unselect all' and see if the problem occurs
again.

-Justin

--
Justin Sherrill, RHCA          1801 Varsity Drive.
Software Engineer                Raleigh, NC 27603