[Spacewalk-list] Cannot rhnpush --force a package

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:01:31 UTC 2010

hi,

I enabled forcing a package in /etc/rhn/default/rhn_server.conf to allow
overwriting of RPM packages (so that our build doesn't fail if it gets
kicked off and a package of that SVN version already is built in the repos).

Initially uploading an already existant package I got:

Error Message:
    ORA-00001: unique constraint (SPACEWALK.RHN_CNP_CID_NID_UQ) violated
ORA-06512: at "SPACEWALK.RHN_CHANNEL", line 1120
ORA-06512: at line 1
Error Class Code: 23
Error Class Info: Could not update database entry.

Then trying rhnpush --force I got:

Error Message:
    Package Upload Failed
Error Class Code: 55
Error Class Info:
     The --force rhnpush option is disabled on this server.
     Please contact your Satellite administrator for more help.

After enabling on the spacewalk server (and restarting the server) I now
get:

Error Message:
    ORA-00001: unique constraint (SPACEWALK.RHN_CNP_CID_NID_UQ) violated
ORA-06512: at "SPACEWALK.RHN_CHANNEL", line 1120
ORA-06512: at line 1
Error Class Code: 23
Error Class Info: Could not update database entry.

Looks like a bug - or is it intentional that --force doesn't working on
packages that already exist?

James