[Spacewalk-list] can Spacewalk manage Oracle Enterprise Linux OS?

Harvey José Bendaña elnica6 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 19:04:40 UTC 2010

Hello-

I am a new (and happy) Admin/user of Spacewalk. Our Linux environment consists of mainly Redhat and CentOS servers and a handful of Oracle Enterprise Linux servers.

My question is, can spacewalk manage Oracle EL 5 servers? Is anyone doing this right now? Can anyone provide some assistance with setting up the ULN software channel in Spacewalk?

Spacewalk is an excellent product and has filled our Linux mgmt needs in a great way. I just started working here in Feb 2010 and before, all linux mgmt was done BY HAND (Ghasp, I know).

Since we use numerous flavors, Spacewalk made the most sense.

Thanks again for all your help Spacewalk community!
 Harvey Bendana
Enterprise Systems Engineer
206-679-1816