[Spacewalk-list] can Spacewalk manage Oracle Enterprise Linux OS?

ml at rsee.net ml at rsee.net
Tue Jun 8 19:54:00 UTC 2010

Harvey,

Disclaimer: What I'm about to say could be completely wrong or I could just be making it up.

I am currently kickstarting and upgrading OEL out of Spacewalk. There are a couple issues that I have run into.

1) the OEL up2date and the spacewalk packages seem to conflict. I uninstall the oracle ones before installing the spacewalk client tools.

2)  At the last OEL version bump (from 5.4 to 5.5) things broke. Once the client was upgraded from 5.4 to 5.5 it no longer wanted to talk to spacewalk because it thought the version number was incorrect. There is a table in the database that stores the client version. For Redhat/Centos machines, it just stores 5, for at least some of Oracle machines I believe it actually stored 5.4, so I had to manually go in and change them to 5.5 once the system was upgraded.

-Rob