[Spacewalk-list] Centrally managed file change detection

Philip Mather phil at philipmather.me.uk
Fri Jun 11 09:04:43 UTC 2010

Guys,
   For all the playing around I've done with spacewalk I can't find an
answer to the following question...

If we assign a machine to a Configuration Channel with a centrally
managed file in is there any way to have it auto-detect changes to
that file, very much like puppet?

If we give one of our developers access to a box and they change a
configuration file somewhere we want to find out so that we can either
clip them round the ear or just document the change and push it out to
the other machines. Puppet apparently offers this, is there anyway of
doing it easily with Spacewalk? It doesn't appear in the Configuration
Channel documentation anywhere and the audit stuff
(http://www.stl.gtri.gatech.edu/jroys/) doesn't seem to cover it
either, am I missing something or is it just not a feature?

   Phil