[Spacewalk-list] 0.8/1.0 upgrade questions

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Jun 29 14:52:30 UTC 2010

Coy Hile wrote:
% Hi,
%
% I have two questions regarding updates from 0.8 to 1.0 (done in two
% steps).  Firstly, is there documentation that discusses in detail
% what's required to migrate from a local oracle-xe database to a
% non-local oracle instance?  Intuitively, I'd think that all I have to
% do is update the relevant stuff in /etc/rhn and update tnsnames.ora
% make the client look at the right remote host?

...and export/import your data. See
http://www.mail-archive.com/spacewalk-list@redhat.com/msg03837.html

Hmm, this seems to be an FAQ so I put a link to this thread to
OracleXeSetup wiki page.

% Along the same lines, is there any specific documentation that
% discusses caveats for upgrading from 0.8 to 1.0 when using a non-local
% database?

No difference from local database server.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat