[Spacewalk-list] [Spacewalk-devel] spacewalk-monitoring-selinux dependency problem

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 13:58:49 UTC 2010

On 03/04/2010 02:42 PM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Hi all.
>
>>> I am setting up a Spacewalk proxy on a SELinux aware system and
>>> struggled during package install as spacewalk-monitoring-selinux seems
>>> to requires oracle-instantclient-selinux which then requires
>>> oracle-instantclient itself.
>>
>> Which is correct since  spacewalk-proxy-monitoring (that one should requires
>> spacewalk-monitoring-selinux) require oracle-instantclient too.
>> It is becouse one of the probes set are Oracle probes.
>>
>> So what is your problem?
>
> Because we want to get rid of oracle in the future? If there are probe
> sets for oracle available, they should be made optional and so
> splitted to a sub-package.

Hmm, that completely independent on PostgreSQL. Even if you will have
Spacewalk on PostgreSQL, then you will need oracle-instantclient for
monitoring probes.

Yes, breaking probes sets to individual packages can be solution, but it
is not as easy as it seams. You will have to somehow record that if you
create probe "Networking::Ping", you could not assign it to scoutX,
because it does not have installed package
spacewalk-monitoring-probes-networking...

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering