[Spacewalk-list] [Spacewalk-devel] spacewalk-monitoring-selinux dependency problem

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 12:15:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 02:42:12PM +0100, Marcus Moeller wrote:

> Because we want to get rid of oracle in the future? If there are probe
> sets for oracle available, they should be made optional and so
> splitted to a sub-package.

Well, we do not want to get rid of Oracle monitoring probes. So the
issue is not exactly the same as with Oracle backend.

On the other hand, I agree that we should move towards making non-OSS
parts optional, and there should be possibility to install the
Spacewalk monitoring without Oracle probes. In which case, even the
spacewalk-monitoring-selinux should be split.

Please submit a patch for review.

Thank you,

--
Jan Pazdziora