[Spacewalk-list] another satellite-sync question

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Mar 9 08:57:08 UTC 2010

On 03/09/2010 04:44 AM, Johnny Mirza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been successfully using spacewalk for a few months now but the
> server it is running on is a staging server.
>
> I have built a new server and wanted to use satellite-sync to sync to
> the new server but I have been having issues and can’t seem to find out
> how to get it work.
>
> These are the guides that I’m using.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/spacewalk-devel@redhat.com/msg00147.html
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/InterSpacewalkServerSync
>
> when running satellite-sync --iss-parent=masterserver –l, I get the
> below error
>
> ERROR: there was a problem synchronizing the information.
>
> Error message: ERROR: this server must be registered with RHN.

It is strange. It seems that satellite-sync is not doing ISS at all, but
trying normal sync from hosted. You must have it misconfigured. Can you
check on you master httpd logs if slave is trying to connect to master.
I doubt.
If you want more help,I would need /etc/rhn/default/rhn_server_iss.conf
and /etc/rhn/rhn.conf from master.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering