[Spacewalk-list] Issue with Spacewalk 0.8 install on CentOS 5 and Oracle 11G

Hooker, Jonathan Jonathan.Hooker at garmin.com
Wed Mar 10 16:13:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to get a spacewalk server up on CentOS 5 and Oracle 11g and the database does not fully populate. In the logs we are getting the following error:

ORA-02291: integrity constraint (SPWK_APPS.RHN_SCHDY_SCHED_SCHEDULE_ID_FK)
violated - parent key not found

And when we tried to manually populate the database using the main.sql from /etc/sysconfig/rhn/oracle we get the following error:

ORA-02303: cannot drop or replace a type with type or table dependents

In both cases we are able to tell that the database is getting partially populated, the population is just failing partway through.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Jonathan Hooker
Desktop Support - Engineering
Garmin International
jonathan.hooker at garmin.com<mailto:jonathan.hooker at garmin.com>

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation.