[Spacewalk-list] Change from Oracle XE to 11gR2

Santi Saez santisaez at woop.es
Thu Mar 25 16:19:08 UTC 2010

El 23/03/10 9:42, Michael Mraka escribió:

> % I have a Spacewalk 0.7 server that has just hit the 4GB Oracle XE barrier. We have a license for Oracle 11gR2 that I can use for this server.
> %
> % Is it possible to do a migration? Something like stop Spacewalk, dump the database in XE, Uninstall XE, Install 11gR2 and import, start Spacewalk?

> http://www.mail-archive.com/spacewalk-list@redhat.com/msg03837.html

Hi! I started this thread a month ago to migrate XE to Oracle SE1.

I have changed /etc/tnsnames.ora to point to the new Oracle server IP
and we get this traceback:

	http://pastebin.com/vxswfvsL

Also I tried changing "db_host" in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf, but I get same error.

Using sqlplus I connect without problems to the new Oracle server.

When we try to logging into Spacewalk web interface (rhn/Login.do) we
get this traceback error:

	http://pastebin.com/U0ZpkzQR

What can I do to solve this? thanks!

Santi Saez