[Spacewalk-list] Change from Oracle XE to 11gR2

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Sat Mar 27 21:22:12 UTC 2010

Santi Saez wrote:
> Hi! I started this thread a month ago to migrate XE to Oracle SE1.
>
> I have changed /etc/tnsnames.ora to point to the new Oracle server IP
> and we get this traceback:
>
> 	http://pastebin.com/vxswfvsL

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/postgresql/util/PSQLException
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException

Sounds like your server has switched to postgresql?!?
Check what db backend is configured, should looks like:

# grep oracle /etc/rhn/rhn.conf
db_backend = oracle
hibernate.connection.driver_class=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@db-server.example.com:1521:dbsid

> Also I tried changing "db_host" in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf, but I get same error.
>
> Using sqlplus I connect without problems to the new Oracle server.
>
> When we try to logging into Spacewalk web interface (rhn/Login.do) we
> get this traceback error:
>
> 	http://pastebin.com/U0ZpkzQR

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00372: file 4 cannot be modified
at this time
ORA-01110: data file 4: '/usr/lib/oracle/xe/oradata/XE/users.dbf'

Accordng to the data file name you are still using Oracle XE what IMHO
was not intended.

> What can I do to solve this? thanks!
>
> Regards,
>
> --