[Spacewalk-list] Proxy 1.1 selinux issue

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Nov 4 16:49:09 UTC 2010

On 11/02/2010 11:23 PM, Brian_Kosick at mcafee.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just updated our proxy from 1.0 to 1.1 on a RHEL5.5-i386 box.    I keep getting the following error on the client.
>
> rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://sp.server.com/XMLRPC --activationkey=XXXXXXXXXXXXX --force
> An error has occurred:
>
> Error Message:
>      RHN Proxy error (auth caching issue). Please contact your system administrator.
> Error Class Code: 1000
> Error Class Info: RHN Proxy error.
> Explanation:
>       An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
>       persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
>       If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
>       details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
>       details on how to reproduce this problem.

Yes, this was already fixed in nightly (upcoming 1.2). It is fixed in
%posttrans of spacewalk-proxy-common.

If you want to fix your 1.1 you should do:

mkdir /var/cache/rhn/proxy-auth 2>/dev/null
chown apache:root /var/cache/rhn/proxy-auth
restorecon /var/cache/rhn/proxy-auth

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering