[Spacewalk-list] deleting packages

Sandro "red" Mathys red at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 23 08:07:29 UTC 2010

On 11/22/2010 11:41 PM, Colin Coe wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 2:57 AM, Marcus Moeller<mail at marcus-moeller.de>  wrote:
>> Dear Jan.

>>> Obviously, patches welcome.
>>
>> Please note that not all of us are coders. What I can do is to report
>> bugs and to help improving the product that way (as I always did in
>> the past).
>>
>> If there will be any form of interest in setting up a QA process I am
>> also willed to help.
>>
>> --
>> Greets
>> Marcus
>>

> Hi all
>
> I should be able to come up with a 'packages.findOrphans' API call.
> It would only be able to be run by a Satellite admin.
>
> Jan, would that be acceptable from a security/maintenance perspective?
>
> Marcus, would that help solve the problem in the original post?
>
> CC

Hi Colin,

How would that API call be different from
channel.software.listPackagesWithoutChannel?

Actually, I think it would help already, if listPackagesWithoutChannel
would have some (new) limiting parameters to only select a smaller chunk
of packages and thereby work around the 502 problem.

-- red