[Spacewalk-list] deleting packages

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 11:07:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Sandro "red" Mathys
<red at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 11/22/2010 11:41 PM, Colin Coe wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 2:57 AM, Marcus Moeller<mail at marcus-moeller.de>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Jan.

>>> Please note that not all of us are coders. What I can do is to report
>>> bugs and to help improving the product that way (as I always did in
>>> the past).
>>>
>>> If there will be any form of interest in setting up a QA process I am
>>> also willed to help.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Greets
>>> Marcus
>>>

>> Hi all
>>
>> I should be able to come up with a 'packages.findOrphans' API call.
>> It would only be able to be run by a Satellite admin.
>>
>> Jan, would that be acceptable from a security/maintenance perspective?
>>
>> Marcus, would that help solve the problem in the original post?
>>
>> CC
>>

> Hi Colin,
>
> How would that API call be different from
> channel.software.listPackagesWithoutChannel?
>
> Actually, I think it would help already, if listPackagesWithoutChannel would
> have some (new) limiting parameters to only select a smaller chunk of
> packages and thereby work around the 502 problem.
>
> -- red

heh, should have done more homework, shouldn't I  :)

I'm wondering if channel.software.listPackageIDsWithoutChannel would
get around the problem by only returning package IDs?  As the amount
of data per package would be greatly reduced this may help.

I think the limit idea is a good one.  I guess you mean something like
channel.software.listPackagesWithoutChannel(sessionKey, 500) to return
the first 500 packages not in a channel.

It'd be interesting if we could save state so that the first time you
call channel.software.listPackagesWithoutChannel(sessionKey, 500) in a
session you get the first 500 packages and subsequent times you get
the next 500 and so on until the session expires, auth.logoff is
called, or the last of the packages without a channel are retrieved.

CC

--
RHCE#805007969328369