[Spacewalk-list] Oracle XE reached 4GB Limit

Rampersad, Shaun Shaun.Rampersad at rmb.co.za
Tue Oct 12 07:31:30 UTC 2010

Hi all

I've been using spacewalk to manage my centos servers. I have a mix of Centos 4 and 5, both 32 and 64 bit. I have created channels for each one of them and have over 100 servers registered.

The problem is that the Oracle XE DB has reached its 4GB limit. How can I get around this? Do I need to delete all "old" packages from the repository and then delete the channel and upload?
Are there any alternatives to Oracle XE? Has there been any progress on Postgres? I see that this is scheduled for release on spacewalk 2.0.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Shaun

This e-mail is subject to a disclaimer, available at http://www.rmb.co.za/web/elements.nsf/online/disclaimer-communications.html