[Spacewalk-list] Oracle XE reached 4GB Limit

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Wed Oct 13 01:11:05 UTC 2010

Rampersad, Shaun wrote:
> Hi all
>

> I’ve been using spacewalk to manage my centos servers. I have a mix of
> Centos 4 and 5, both 32 and 64 bit. I have created channels for each one
> of them and have over 100 servers registered.
>

> The problem is that the Oracle XE DB has reached its 4GB limit. How can
> I get around this? Do I need to delete all “old” packages from the
> repository and then delete the channel and upload?

I do not have any solutions to offer other than trying to trim/purge old
system profiles and packages.

> Are there any alternatives to Oracle XE? Has there been any progress on
> Postgres? I see that this is scheduled for release on spacewalk 2.0.

Postgres is progressing, slowly, but we have achieved a point where it
can install and some very basic functionality seems to work, but it is
not even in an alpha state. More information:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-devel/2010-October/msg00017.html

Spacewalk nightly can be installed without Oracle bits (developers only)

NOTE: developers only...

Cliff