[Spacewalk-list] Oracle XE reached 4GB Limit

Rampersad, Shaun Shaun.Rampersad at rmb.co.za
Wed Oct 13 12:56:30 UTC 2010

Rampersad, Shaun wrote:
>> Hi all
>>

>> I've been using spacewalk to manage my centos servers. I have a mix of
>> Centos 4 and 5, both 32 and 64 bit. I have created channels for each one
>> of them and have over 100 servers registered.
>>

>> The problem is that the Oracle XE DB has reached its 4GB limit. How can
>> I get around this? Do I need to delete all "old" packages from the
>> repository and then delete the channel and upload?
>
>I do not have any solutions to offer other than trying to trim/purge old
>system profiles and packages.

I have deleted the Centos4 i386 channels since I only had 6 servers registered on this. I have also deleted about 3000 orphaned packages on spacewalk under "Manage Software Packages" but I still cannot load newer packages on Centos 5 channel. Its as if the delete did not free up the DB space and it is still on 4GB

Anything else I can try? I wanted to delete the Centos4 x86_64 bit channel as well but if it has no effect then its pointless.

Thanks
Shaun

This e-mail is subject to a disclaimer, available at http://www.rmb.co.za/web/elements.nsf/online/disclaimer-communications.html