[Spacewalk-list] Problems uploading a repo to a channel for Spacewalk 1.1

Miller, Chris ChrisMiller at quickenloans.com
Wed Oct 27 19:34:10 UTC 2010

There's two things you have to do to associate a Spacewalk channel with a yum-compatible repo.
First you have to setup the repo in spacewalk.
Channels -> Manage Software Channels -> Manage Repositories
Then you'll have to click the "create new repository" button in the top right of the screen, provide a Label and URL and then click Create Repository.

Next, you'll have to associate your Spacewalk channel with that repo you just setup.
Channels -> Manage Software Channels
Click on your channel name
Then in the menu bar under the title for your channel, click on "Repositories"
>From that screen, you can check one (or more) repo's to associate your channel with, and then click the Update button on the bottom right to save your selection.
If you want to sync your channel with the repo, then there should be a "Sync" link right below the menu bar under the channel name.  Looks like this

CHANNEL NAME
Details   Managers   Errata   Packages   _Repositories_
  Add / Remove   Sync

Click Sync, and then hit the Sync button on the bottom right of that screen, and reposync should kick off.  You can go to a command line and watch it using "tail -f" for the log file that is created under /var/log/rhn/reposync/

Christopher J. Miller

On Oct 27, 2010, at 11:56 AM, Scott Rakow wrote:

After much digging through all documentation from Red Hat, CentOS, and Spacewalk; scouring the web; and going through the application, I am having problems loading a repository to a channel.

The Spacewalk docs say there is a web page to do this beginning with 0.6, which does not show up when I click through its example ("Channels" -> "Manage Software Channels" -> click on your channel), which brings up the settings for the channel and includes the "Last Sync Time", but no way to associate it with a repo. Is this feature not in the 1.1 release or is it a CentOS thing (or am I just missing something)?

The CentOS docs say to do a spacewalk-repo-sync to populate the channel:

spacewalk-repo-sync --channel centos5-base-i386 --url file://spacewalk.blue-net/yum/5/i386/CentOS<file:///spacewalk.blue-net/yum/5/i386/CentOS>
Repo file:/spacewalk.blue-net/yum/5/i386/CentOS has 3433 packages.
1/2599: kde-i18n-Bulgarian-3.5.4-1-1.noarch
failure: kde-i18n-Bulgarian-3.5.4-1.1.noarch.rpm from centos5-base-i386:  [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
2/2599 ...
.
.
.
2599/2599 : fonts-ISO8859-2-100dpi-1.0-17.1.noarch
failure: fonts-ISO8859-2-100dpi-1.0-17.1.noarch.rpm from centos5-base-i386:  [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Sync complete

Looking in the /var/satellite and /var/spacewalk directories show nothing in them.

All yum repositories are local to the host and work, as I had to use them to load Spacewalk (which is why I am using the file:// go locate the local .rpms)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott