[Spacewalk-list] I dont understand how it should work :-)

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Thu Oct 28 08:29:31 UTC 2010

Hey,

some time ago I set up spacewalk 1.0 and added a couple of servers.

Today I notices, that there should be some updates for a couple of
centos 5 servers.

If I do a yum update on that system, those updates show up and are
loaded from a centos mirror, not from my spacewalk server.

In spacewalk, the server looks up to date (0 Errata, 0 Packages)

My questions:

Why might those updates dont show up in spacewalk? (may be some sort of
sync/connecting/requesting/checkin) is missing?

Why dose my server loads the updates from the internet and not from my
spacewalk server?

May be I mixed up a couple of things, and maybe someone can help me out?!

Thanks and best regards,

	Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt