[Spacewalk-list] I dont understand how it should work :-)

K.R. kr at smite.de
Thu Oct 28 11:02:00 UTC 2010

hi,

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator wrote:
> Hey,
>
> some time ago I set up spacewalk 1.0 and added a couple of servers.
>
> Today I notices, that there should be some updates for a couple of
> centos 5 servers.
>
> If I do a yum update on that system, those updates show up and are
> loaded from a centos mirror, not from my spacewalk server.
>
> In spacewalk, the server looks up to date (0 Errata, 0 Packages)
>
> My questions:
>
> Why might those updates dont show up in spacewalk? (may be some sort of
> sync/connecting/requesting/checkin) is missing?

try following command on those systems:

rhn-profile-sync

or do a pakage-profile resync in spacewalk-gui
systems > "select system" > Software > Update package List

> Why dose my server loads the updates from the internet and not from my
> spacewalk server?

did you registered your systems to some channels and disabled the local
repositories configured by yum?
see this tutorial for infos(8. Spacewalk Client (simple configuration)
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk#head-bb8001669b4c71dd26aa9f8119732be82cb830c0)