[Spacewalk-list] alternate db install...

Corey Kovacs corey.kovacs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 05:57:49 UTC 2010

I've seen lots of information on migrating to a database other than
oracle-xe and such and they work just fine. I've tested them myself
and I was happy with the results however, what I'd really like to be
able to do is do an install directly to an existing oracle db.

When I try to run spacewalk-setup --disconnected and supply the
information about a RAC instance I get the errors about nls_lang
settings.

So this question is really for the oracle folks out there on this list
and that is: Can I set the lang setting on a specific tablespace or
otherwise get the setup to apply the right setting in order to make
the install succeed in the same way that doing an import does?

Regards

Corey