[Spacewalk-list] check_probe does not exist popup error on Overview screen

Dale Bewley dale at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 1 16:56:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 08:46 +0200, Michael Mraka wrote:
> Dale Bewley wrote:
> % I have the same problem as described here
> % https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-February/msg00146.html
> %
> % After logging in or clicking the Overview tab, a popup proclaims "error"
> % with only an OK button.
>
> I guess you have monitoring on. Unfortunately monitoring isn't among the
> things which are known to work with postgresql backend.
> I fixed this exact error in spacewalk nightly (spacewalk-java-1.4.25-1)
> but expect you will hit another one sooner or later :-/.

Thank you. Unchecking the following options under "Prefernces" killed
the error.
 Monitoring Status - Critical Probes: A preview of probes that are in
critical state.
Monitoring Status - Warning Probes: A preview of probes that are in a
warning state.

I see full support for postgresql is slated for 2.0.

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQL

How functional should we expect postgresql to be right now? If I'm just
trying to get a basically functional install up for evaluation am I
likely to be twarted? For example should creating a kickstart profile
work on postgresql?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-March/msg00133.html