[Spacewalk-list] check_probe does not exist popup error on Overview screen

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 20:18:12 UTC 2011

Dale Bewley wrote:
% > I guess you have monitoring on. Unfortunately monitoring isn't among the
% > things which are known to work with postgresql backend.
% > I fixed this exact error in spacewalk nightly (spacewalk-java-1.4.25-1)
% > but expect you will hit another one sooner or later :-/.
%
% Thank you. Unchecking the following options under "Prefernces" killed
% the error.
%  Monitoring Status - Critical Probes: A preview of probes that are in
% critical state.
% Monitoring Status - Warning Probes: A preview of probes that are in a
% warning state.
%
% I see full support for postgresql is slated for 2.0.
%
% https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQL
%
% How functional should we expect postgresql to be right now? If I'm just

The wiky page above says:

Functionality known to work

Spacewalk on PostgreSQL still only has limited functionality. Areas
known to work are:
 * content sync with satellite-sync and spacewalk-repo-sync;
 * rhnpush;
 * client registration;
 * yum operations;
 * Spacewalk Proxy activation.

Anything else might, but most likely will not work for you.
Things working on PostgreSQL in Spacewalk nightly include:
 * spacewalk-reports

% trying to get a basically functional install up for evaluation am I
% likely to be twarted? For example should creating a kickstart profile
% work on postgresql?
%
% https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-March/msg00133.html

I hope I've answered this one recently.