[Spacewalk-list] check_probe does not exist popup error on Overview screen

Dale Bewley dale at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 1 20:35:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 22:18 +0200, Michael Mraka wrote:
> Dale Bewley wrote:
> % > I guess you have monitoring on. Unfortunately monitoring isn't among the
> % > things which are known to work with postgresql backend.
> % > I fixed this exact error in spacewalk nightly (spacewalk-java-1.4.25-1)
> % > but expect you will hit another one sooner or later :-/.
> %
> % Thank you. Unchecking the following options under "Prefernces" killed
> % the error.
> %  Monitoring Status - Critical Probes: A preview of probes that are in
> % critical state.
> % Monitoring Status - Warning Probes: A preview of probes that are in a
> % warning state.
> %
> % I see full support for postgresql is slated for 2.0.
> %
> % https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQL
> %
> % How functional should we expect postgresql to be right now? If I'm just
>
> The wiky page above says:
>
> Functionality known to work
>
> Spacewalk on PostgreSQL still only has limited functionality. Areas
> known to work are:
>  * content sync with satellite-sync and spacewalk-repo-sync;
>  * rhnpush;
>  * client registration;
>  * yum operations;
>  * Spacewalk Proxy activation.
>
> Anything else might, but most likely will not work for you.
> Things working on PostgreSQL in Spacewalk nightly include:
>  * spacewalk-reports

Thank you. I wasn't sure how to read that. I wonder if Spacewalk 1.3 is
generally usable on postgresql right now. Creating a kickstart seems
like a requisite for even minimal functionality, so it doesn't seem
functional yet.

I now have an Oracle db available, but I'll continue to test postgresql
for a bit if it's helpful to report bugs. Sounds like I might have
slightly better luck in 1.4.