[Spacewalk-list] RHN Traceback - violates unique constraint "rhn_sp_snep_uq"

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 09:11:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 05:46:01PM -0400, Flaherty, Patrick wrote:
>  After switching over to the postgres backend, I'm occasionally getting
> the following traceback when attempting to change a single host's
> channel assignment. The browser hangs and finally returns a 500. The
> system shows iowaits in the 40s to 90s before I get the 500, and then
> the iowaits return to normal when the 500 comes back.
>
> So, since it says:
>  IntegrityError: duplicate key value violates unique constraint
> "rhn_sp_snep_uq"
>
> Should I be investigating the iowaits, or the unique constraints error?

Can you be more specific about the actions that you do? You say
"attempting to change a single host's channel assignment" but the
traceback is from the server handler of registration code which is
no longer used by the latest RHN client tools / yum-rhn-plugin.

Is the attempt to change channel some rhnreg_ks with activation key,
or what exactly do you (knowingly) call? Is the list of the packages
in /var/log/up2date? You might need to bump up the debug option in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date to see the packages listed there.

Thanks,

--
Jan Pazdziora