[Spacewalk-list] RHN Traceback - violates unique constraint "rhn_sp_snep_uq"

Flaherty, Patrick pflaherty at wsi.com
Tue Apr 5 15:25:14 UTC 2011

> Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:11 AM
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 05:46:01PM -0400, Flaherty, Patrick wrote:
> >  After switching over to the postgres backend, I'm occasionally
> getting
> > the following traceback when attempting to change a single host's
> > channel assignment. The browser hangs and finally returns a 500. The
> > system shows iowaits in the 40s to 90s before I get the 500, and
then
> > the iowaits return to normal when the 500 comes back.
> >
> > So, since it says:
> >  IntegrityError: duplicate key value violates unique constraint
> > "rhn_sp_snep_uq"
> >
> > Should I be investigating the iowaits, or the unique constraints
> error?
>
> Can you be more specific about the actions that you do? You say
> "attempting to change a single host's channel assignment" but the
> traceback is from the server handler of registration code which is
> no longer used by the latest RHN client tools / yum-rhn-plugin.
>
> Is the attempt to change channel some rhnreg_ks with activation key,
> or what exactly do you (knowingly) call? Is the list of the packages
> in /var/log/up2date? You might need to bump up the debug option in
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date to see the packages listed there.

This install of spacewalk has been around for a couple years. We started
with one of the early 0. releases (maybe 0.5?), and have been upgrading
in place whenever a new release comes out since then. Could there be
cruft and code / database entries that need to be purged?

Steps to reproduce:
* Open browser, navigate to spacewalk web interface
* Click systems
* Click host
* Click "Alter Subscriptions"
* Receive 500 and a traceback.

The traceback I received today when doing those step was *not* the one
with the uniq_key_restraint error. It could be that I had older
spacewalk clients checking in/registering around the same time as I got
the 500 last time and mixed up the tracebacks. I've included today's
traceback. There are also a few systems that cause rhn tracebacks when
they check in, I'll send in a separate email / thread for those.

Patrick

The following exception occurred while executing this request:
GET /rhn/systems/details/SystemChannels.do