[Spacewalk-list] RHN Traceback - violates unique constraint "rhn_sp_snep_uq"

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 18:04:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 11:25:14AM -0400, Flaherty, Patrick wrote:

> This install of spacewalk has been around for a couple years. We started
> with one of the early 0. releases (maybe 0.5?), and have been upgrading
> in place whenever a new release comes out since then. Could there be
> cruft and code / database entries that need to be purged?

That should not really be affecting anything -- the database entries
are the same on Oracle and on PostgreSQL and if the migration
went well for you, I don't think there's anything lingering there.

What you are likely hitting are issues with areas that did not get
full PostgreSQL attention yet.

> Steps to reproduce:
> * Open browser, navigate to spacewalk web interface
> * Click systems
> * Click host
> * Click "Alter Subscriptions"
> * Receive 500 and a traceback.
>
> The traceback I received today when doing those step was *not* the one
> with the uniq_key_restraint error. It could be that I had older
> spacewalk clients checking in/registering around the same time as I got
> the 500 last time and mixed up the tracebacks. I've included today's
> traceback. There are also a few systems that cause rhn tracebacks when
> they check in, I'll send in a separate email / thread for those.

[...]

> Exception:
> javax.servlet.ServletException: ERROR: syntax error at or near "c"

[...]

> 	at
> com.redhat.rhn.manager.channel.ChannelManager.listBaseChannelsForSystem(
> ChannelManager.java:1997)

I've fixed this now with commit 43c5f493df769e2ef281bc2ec0a3774a98c5ddf5.

It will be in Spacewalk 1.4.

Thank you for the report.

--
Jan Pazdziora