[Spacewalk-list] Proxy Communication to Spacewalk?

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Thu Apr 7 17:04:15 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-07 3:34 AM, "Miroslav Suchý" <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:

>On 04/06/2011 07:25 PM, Wojtak, Greg wrote:
>> What ports should be opened between a spacewalk server and a proxy
>>server?
>>
>> I am having problems with clients talking to a proxy not being able to
>>leverage OSA properly and I'm wondering if I don't have things set up
>>correctly on the firewall that sits between the proxy and the spacewalk
>>server.  Do I need osa-dispatcher running on the proxy?
>
>http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.4/html/Proxy
>_Installation_Guide/s1-requirements-additional.html
>--
>Miroslav Suchy
>Red Hat Satellite Engineering

Thanks for the link.  It looks like I have everything set up properly.  My
issue is that clients are not showing proper OSA status in spacewalk and
scheduled events are not being picked up, similar to what had happened
with clients talking directly with the spacewalk server before I commented
out all of the roster module sections in the jabberd config.  I did the
same thing on the proxy in the hopes it would solve the issue.

I turned on file logging (as opposed to syslog logging) in the jabberd
configs on the proxy.  The only error I'm seeing being logged is c2s
attempting to contact router on localhost.  This is generated on startup.

I guess I should ask first - is OSA known to work for clients
communicating with proxy?  Is there anything else I can check, maybe put
jabberd into debug mode?  Is jabberd the only component of spacewalk on a
proxy that causes scheduled actions to be picked up immediately?