[Spacewalk-list] Configuring Proxy

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 06:40:33 UTC 2011

Dne 15.4.2011 11:36, Assaf Flatto napsal(a):
> But if the server is RH6 and some of my clients are RH5 , how can i associate the channels for those to the server ?
>
> Also , where do I need to define when setting the proxy the server that that proxy is querying or is done in the background and he is using it's already defined RHN channels ?

It does not matter which OS is running Spacewalk Server or Spacewalk
Proxy. And you do not need to setup anything.

If I make it *very simply* (and leave out the security) it work very
similar as regular proxy. You request package, the proxy will retrieve
its  checksum from Spacewalk Server, and proxy will look into its
storage whether file with this checksum is already stored in memory or
disk and if so, it is sent back. If not - it is retrieved from Spacewalk
Server.

Spacewalk Proxy really does not care about channels or your version of OS.