[Spacewalk-list] Newbie question: SpaceWalk RHEL4/5 and RHN

Musayev, Ilya imusayev at webmd.net
Fri Apr 15 18:45:21 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Apology if this a repeat of what may have been asked, I'm spacewalk newbie and would like to know if we can use spacewalk with redhat hosts and RHN.

My understanding from speaking to redhat folks is that spacewalk is for fedora and centos distros. While centos is a replica of rhel, I wonder why cant rhel be used. Also, can I directly subscribe to RHN via spacewalk or do I need to download and import channels by some other means.

Thanks
-ilya