[Spacewalk-list] Newbie question: SpaceWalk RHEL4/5 and RHN

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 06:45:57 UTC 2011

Dne 15.4.2011 20:45, Musayev, Ilya napsal(a):
> Hi All,
>
> Apology if this a repeat of what may have been asked, I’m spacewalk
> newbie and would like to know if we can use spacewalk with redhat hosts
> and RHN.

No, you can not.

> My understanding from speaking to redhat folks is that spacewalk is for
> fedora and centos distros. While centos is a replica of rhel, I wonder
> why cant rhel be used. Also, can I directly subscribe to RHN via
> spacewalk or do I need to download and import channels by some other means.

We make it as advantage of RHN Satellite.

If you want to use Spacewalk with RHN, you can download packages and
then upload it to Spacewalk manually (or search archives as some people
write scripts for that). But if you want to use satellite-sync you can
do that only with license of RHN Satellite.

Miroslav Suchy