[Spacewalk-list] Architecture question

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 05:42:43 UTC 2011

Hello list,
I still have a doubt on the channel architecture I should set up for my
installation.
I have to manage centos and rhel 5 clients. For the rhel 5 clients, I wonder
what is best:
- Create a base channel (RHEL 5 x64), rhnpush RHEL 5.7 rpm in it and
register all my clients to this channel. In the time, I'll rhnpush each
minor release in this channel and upgrade clients.
- Create a base channel for each RHEL minor release (RHEL 5.5 x64, RHEL
5.6 x64, RHEL 5.7 x64, and so on) and register the clients depending on
their current installation. I wonder how to manager the updates this way.

Thanks in advance for your advices,

Pierre