[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.5 Monitoring issue

David Nutter davidn at bioss.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 10:06:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:57:40AM +0200, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:40:19AM +0100, David Nutter wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:30:48AM +0200, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> >
> > > thank for the awesome investigation.
> > >
> > > While there is a problem in IPC::Open3, it did not affect previous
> > > Spacewalk versions, so I digged around some more and I believe I
> > > caused it with my past commit.
> > >
> > > Could you please apply
> > >
> > > 	http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spacewalk.git;a=commitdiff;h=32073ab4de72201e79ba587ee268ca0888247587
> > >
> > > to see if it fixes the problem on your Spacewalk?
> >
> > Indeed it does fix it! As simple as that, eh?
>
> Thank you for the confirmation.
>
> With this hurdle out of the way -- is monitoring in working shape for
> you or are there some other known issues?

It's working well enough for my needs now. I can create new probes, do
a config push, all my probes are updating and I get notifications when
probe thresholds are reached. That's all I really need.

> I'm currently building new packages to nightly with the changes that
> were circulated on the mailing list (mostly) applied and I will give
> it a try later. But if there are some scenarios that we should focus
> on, please let us know.

Great. When the nightly packages are available tomorrow I'll give them
a go.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
James Hutton Institute (JHI), a registered Scottish charity No. SC041796
and a company limited by guarantee No. SC374831