[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart profile 500 error

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 14:38:23 UTC 2011

Grau, Roderick wrote:
% Spacewalk List:
%
% My setup:
% Oracle 6.0
% Postgres DB
% Spacewalk 1.4 upgraded to 1.5
%
% I am getting "500 Error - Internal Server Error" after creating a kickstart profile and after making edits to an existing kickstart profile.
%
% Once I get the 500 error, I reload the page /rhn/YourRhn.do, and go to the kickstart profile page and my changes are there.
%
% When I start the satellite server I get an osa-dispatcher warning about the sha module being deprecated.
% When I stop the satellite server c2s and s2s failed to stop, probably because they are not running.
%
% What are the next steps or logs to check to track the problem down?

ISE should be logged in /var/log/httpd/{error_log,ssl_error_log}.
As it applies to YourRhn.do there can be also a relevant message in
tomcat's log - /var/log/tomcat{5,6}/catalina.out.

As for osa-dispatcher, it's log is in /var/log/rhn/osa-dispatcher.log.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat