[Spacewalk-list] 500 Internal Server Error - Delete kickstart distribution (was: Group Admin Page)

Matt Moldvan mmoldvan at dcctools.com
Wed Aug 24 18:24:48 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

On a somewhat related note to the 500 errors discussed earlier, I'm also receiving a 500 Internal Server error when attempting to delete a kickstart distribution.  Here is a background on what I've done:

  - Setup a kickstart distribution
  - Attempting to delete my only remaining channel to resync and reorganize the channels
  - Can't delete because it's still associated with a kickstart distribution
  - Attempt to delete distribution, however Java dumps nasty errors and WebUI shows a 500 Internal Server Error page
     - (javax.servlet.ServletException: com.redhat.rhn.common.hibernate.HibernateRuntimeException: Executing query Channel.findByIdAndUserId with params {userId=1, cid=null} failed) seems to be the useful part
  - Googling around I see that this problem is potentially fixed in the nightly releases?
  - Modify my /etc/yum.repos.d/spacewalk.repo to change the baseurl from the 1.5 URL to "nightly"
  - Attempt a yum-update, getting missing dependencies of "dojo", which doesn't seem to be available from the jpackage or other repos as configured in the installation steps
  - No update ended up occurring, reset the spacewalk.repo file to 1.5

Any ideas?  Am I going about this completely wrong?

Thanks,
Matt.