[Spacewalk-list] Cannot retrieve repository metadata

Razvan Cosma rg at cosma.name
Thu Aug 25 12:55:22 UTC 2011

 Hello,
Just testing a nightly spacewalk, with postgresql backend, have
deployed (kickstart, bare metal) a RHEL 6.1 machine, and everything
seemed fine, i.e. hostname is set from dhcp, install goes on with no
errors, rhnreg_ks is OK and the host shows up in the web interface. Up
to the first 'yum update', when I get this message:
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository: rhel-x86_64-client-6. Please verify its path and try again
in the server logs, I see
/var/log/httpd/access_log:
 "GET /XMLRPC/GET-REQ/rhel-x86_64-client-6/repodata/repomd.xml
HTTP/1.1" 404 - "-" "rhn.rpclib.py/$Revision$"

/var/log/rhn/rhn_server_xmlrpc.log:
xmlrpc/up2date.listChannels(1000010005,)
xmlrpc/up2date.login(1000010005,)
xmlrpc/up2date.login(1000010005,)
xmlrpc/up2date.login(1000010005,)

/var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log:
at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport$MisfireHandler.manage(JobStoreSupport.java:2449)
at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport$MisfireHandler.run(JobStoreSupport.java:2468)
 * Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: End time cannot be before start time
       at org.quartz.SimpleTrigger.setStartTime(SimpleTrigger.java:323)
       at org.quartz.SimpleTrigger.updateAfterMisfire(SimpleTrigger.java:512)
       at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.recoverMisfiredJobs(JobStoreSupport.java:774)
       at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreTX.doRecoverMisfires(JobStoreTX.java:1352)
       at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport$MisfireHandler.manage(JobStoreSupport.java:2449)
       at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport$MisfireHandler.run(JobStoreSupport.java:2468)

Any hints on what bothers taskomatic? There are no scheduled repo sync
jobs. I have synced the repo with spacewalk-repo-sync -c
rhel-x86_64-server-6 --url http://rhel6x64/ where the http mirror is
created by reposync&createrepo, and should be fine since the host was
installed using those packages.