[Spacewalk-list] RHEL support and Ubuntu Support

Parsons, Aron parsonsa at bit-sys.com
Tue Dec 13 17:56:13 UTC 2011

The only thing Spacewalk doesn't allow you to do is to sync directly against RHN.  You can use mrepo (http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/mrepo/ or reposync) to mirror the channels you have entitlements to, then use spacewalk-repo-sync to pull those into Spacewalk.  It all works fine, it just requires a little more work than running 'satellite-sync' against RHN.

Regarding the warning about overriding packages, don't worry about it.  The Spacewalk client repos have updated packages for the RHN tools, which aren't going to invalidate any support contracts unless you're reporting an issue about connecting to RHN with the updated packages.

/aron