[Spacewalk-list] AIX in Spacewalk?

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Fri Dec 23 18:41:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Wojtak, Greg
<GregWojtak at quickenloans.com> wrote:
> Has there been any effort to allow AIX hosts to become spacewalk clients?  We have a mixed environment of Linux, Solaris, and AIX, so being able to mange all three platform's configuration files, execute remote commands, and some of the software (we use quite a few RPM's on AIX for the F/OSS software that is not included with AIX).
>
> What kind of effort would be involved in getting these pieces working?  I'm not talking about provisioning or anything too complex.  I just think it would be a huge gain to be able to do the things I mentioned above.

Why wouldn't you just NIM?  I think you'd have a hard time making
spacewalk alt-disk aware for a start.  And that's just the first thing
that I thought of after about 5 seconds?  With Solaris, at least
there's a value-add because Solaris packaging is so horrible.