[Spacewalk-list] AIX in Spacewalk?

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Dec 28 12:13:24 UTC 2011

Dne 23.12.2011 19:10, Wojtak, Greg napsal(a):
> What kind of effort would be involved in getting these pieces working?  I'm not talking about provisioning or anything too complex.  I just think it would be a huge gain to be able to do the things I mentioned above.

Basicaly - you need to port client stuff:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/client

You will need to start with rhnlib:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/client/rhel/rhnlib

then rhn-client-tool:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/client/rhel/rhn-client-tools

All this is just python.
And you will get 80% of functionality by this time.

rhnsd will be then piece of cake as it is very small (but it needs
compilation):
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/client/rhel/rhnsd

If you use rpm and yum there you can continue with:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/client/rhel/yum-rhn-plugin

And if you will still have some time you can port:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/client/tools/rhncfg

And you will have 99% of functionality, but the provisioning, by this time.

If you really mean it, it would be nice if you can manage your changes
as set of patches or as some howto which start with upstream tar.gz.
Like we have for debian:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/client/debian/DEBIAN-HOWTO

And of course, when you are done, we would love to see it too. :)

Mirek Suchy