[Spacewalk-list] rhncfg-client problem

Kobus Bensch kobus.bensch at lovefilm.com
Fri Feb 4 13:09:30 UTC 2011

Hello list

I have spacewalk 1.2. Installed recently and all seems fine.

Created a config channel and wanted to check, as i need to write a
script, of all the config files on the client and the status.

So I ran a rhncfg-client verify and got this error:
rhncfg-client verify
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rhncfg-client", line 34, in ?
    sys.exit(Main().main() or 0)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/config_common/rhn_main.py", line 67, in main
    if utils.startswith(arg, server_name_opt):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'startswith'

I then tried
rhncfg-client list
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rhncfg-client", line 34, in ?
    sys.exit(Main().main() or 0)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/config_common/rhn_main.py", line 67, in main
    if utils.startswith(arg, server_name_opt):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'startswith'

can anybody help please

Kobus

LOVEFiLM UK Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Number: 06528297.
Registered Office: No.9, 6 Portal Way, London W3 6RU, United Kingdom.

This e-mail is confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed. If you have received it in error,
please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately.

This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast.
For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.co.uk