[Spacewalk-list] Excluding Packages in a Channel?

AJ Hettema joukio at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:44:12 UTC 2011

hi Greg,

you could opt for removing the custom channel for these machines
specifically. Although these may be undesireable, it is quatenteed this way.

However, if that's not an option, you can also lock these systems so there
aren't any actions possible from the satellite on them, or you could go with
the very nice option Richard mentioned, or you could install yum-versionlock
and put the proper configuration on these specific systems.

There are multiple ways of doing this with satellite server and rhel, it's
just finding the solution that fit's best with your way of working.

kind regards and good luck

Jouk

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has
taken place.