[Spacewalk-list] Scheduled Package Installs Failing

Milan Zazrivec mzazrivec at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 15:47:39 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 16 February 2011 16:36:07 Wojtak, Greg wrote:
> >From a previous post, I was finally able to solve the issue of the
spacewalk clients not showing as online for their OSA status and scheduled
actions not being picked up.  Scheduled package installs are now showing up
within a few seconds.  However, each of the installs fails.  I've been trying
with a couple packages and get the same error.  Right now I'm testing with the
wget rpm.  I've removed it from the system.  A yum install wget works just
fine.  When I schedule wget to be installed, the action gets picked up and it
attempts to install the package, but fails with the error:
> Failed: Packages failed to install properly: No package(s) available to
> install
>
> I saw another post that got the same errors and someone suggested yum clean
> all and yum createcache.  I tried this with no success.  Anyone have any
> suggestions?

Update yum-rhn-plugin to latest version available from spacewalk 1.3 client
repo.

-MZ